13 Ways You Can Appreciate Your Child Care Provider
Provider Appreciation Day is Right Around the Corner
One of the most important jobs out there is a child care provider. Yet, many child care providers make a low hourly salary and some don’t even get benefits. Although Child Care Provider Appreciation Day is Friday, May 11th this year, we encourage you to regularly show your gratefulness throughout the year. We spoke to our staff to gather a few ideas on ways that you can show that you care about the person who helps nurture and take care of your little ones during the week.
Nominate your child care provider by May 9th to win a $100 gift card for both you and your provider. Fill out this quick form. We’ll announce the winners on May 11th as there are tons of other prizes to be won as well.
Quick and Easy Ways to Appreciate Your Child Care Provider
- Bring food: Donuts, fresh fruit, pizza, etc.
- Send flowers
- Bring in a plant
- Give thank you card
- Give a gift membership to the National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Give a gift certificate for professional development at Family and Childcare Resources
- Things for classroom (office supplies, toys)
- Gift cards to School House, coffee, Target
- Handmade teacher gifts: Pinterest has tons of great ideas.
- Thank you cards made by your child
Family & Childcare Resources of N.E.W. is proud to be a partner and advocate for child care providers. We provide more than 100 trainings over the year and work one on one with our providers through our YoungStar program and more.