A message from Supporting Families Together Association (SFTA):
Childcare providers are essential to our communities. Your dedication and hard work has never been more obvious than during this time of crisis. If you have questions or concerns not addressed here, or you simply need to talk, do not hesitate to contact your local Child Care Resource & Referral Agency (CCR&R). We are all in this together. Find my local CCR&R
If you are in Northeast WI, contact our agency:
Family & Childcare Resources of N.E.W.
Helpful links for childcare centers/professionals:
- Wisconsin DCF’s COVID-19 webpage
- DCF’s latest Guidance for Providers
- Governor Evers’ latest Executive Order limiting child care facilities to 10 employees at a time and 50 children
- FAQ about the Executive Order limiting care
- DCF Guidance on WI Shares under COVID-19
- Child Care Supplies Request Form – If your program is closing or in danger of closing because of lack of staff or supplies, fill out this form to let DCF know what materials you would need to remain open
- Up-to-date Information about COVID-19 Outbreak in Wisconsin
- Financial Resources to help get through COVID-19
Should I close my program?
At this point, child care programs should make their own decision about whether they would like to close or remain open. Child Care Aware of America has created a flowchart to help providers make this difficult decision.
If you do decide to close, we recommend you:
1. Contact your insurance company. Some insurance policies include information about when you may close and what the effects will be.
2. Contact your CCR&R to let them know that you should not receive any referrals until you choose to open again. Find my local CCR&R
3. Complete this Wisconsin Department of Children and Families survey indicating that you are closing.