Family & Childcare Resources of N.E.W. has an immediate opening for an experienced Early Childhood Consultant. This person will have knowledge of YoungStar, the quality rating and improvement system for the state of Wisconsin.
A. Direct Service to child care programs
1. Quality Improvement in family child care and group centers
2. Participate in mandated professional development training’s
3. Participate in monthly teleconferences
4. Assess programs using environmental rating scale
5. Deliver Quality Improvement Technical Assistance (TA)
6. Provide support to existing child care providers/administrators
B. Training/Educational Events
1. Deliver training for child care providers including, but not limited to:
a. Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards
b. Pyramid Model
2. Participate in agency educational and outreach events
Apply by emailing email@example.com by 3/24
Event Coordinator Intern (Unpaid Internship for Credit)
Job Description: Last year we had an event to be proud of with over 5,000 attendees at our fifth annual Fly A Kite Fest. We are looking for an intern to help make this event soar! After this internship the intern will have seen the full planning of a community event and gain resume building experience. The fundraising event is a fun Family Kite Event to raise awareness and funding for healthy child development programs right here in Northeast Wisconsin. The intern will gain experience working with committees, community partners, volunteers and donors. The intern will participate in committee planning, event logistics, event promotion and more.
If intern is looking for a focus in volunteer coordination, development, or communications we can tailor an internship to that skill set for a committed intern experience.
For spring intern will work to help with initial event planning for Fly A Kite Fest and plans for the Blue Kite Campaign to help build skills. Upon completion of a successful Spring internship there will be an opportunity to participate in a paid summer internship.
Work schedule 12-16 Hours a week (Flexible) for academic semester
Qualifications: Current Student
Junior or Senior Status
Reports to: Parent Educator Supervisor
FLSA Status: Hourly, Part-time,
Evening and/or weekend hours required
This position is contingent upon grant funding.
Typical evening hours are 5:00-7:30pm on weeknights. This is on an as needed basis for parenting classes and workshops.
1. Develop and participate in games, read to children, and teach simple craft projects, painting, drawing, handwork, songs, and motor activities organized around special themes and seasonal activities.
2. Ensure a nurturing environment for children using non-punitive methods of discipline. Stop aggressive behavior such as hitting, wrestling, toy throwing, playing inappropriately with toys, dangerous play, etc. and re-direct the children.
3. Stay in the room with the children at all times. Tend to infants if they are crying.
4. Help children develop the habit of following the rules of the playroom: playing nicely with others and share toys, picking up and putting away toys, art supplies and books before they leave.
5. Assist children with bathroom needs (diapers will be changed by parents).
6. Participate in training and other events that are recommended by supervisor
7. Ability to work in partnerships with families and be non-judgmental, flexible, creative, empathetic, and accepting.
8. Maintain attendance records of all participants.
A. High School Diploma
B. Must have history of working with small children and be able to provide references
C. Ability to be a resource and give support
D. Ability to work with all Center staff, volunteers, collaborative partners as part of a team
D. Ability to maintain records and prepare reports correctly and completely by deadlines established
F. Bilingual Spanish language skills preferred
G. Ability to pass background check
H. Ability to complete Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect Mandated Reporter Training (SCAN-MRT), Shaken Baby Syndrome (SBS) Training; Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Training; CPR training
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org